Let's Talk About Border Issues

Tuesday, May 4, 2010
I'm sure you've all heard about Arizona's new and controversial immigration law. Many people have reacted by calling for bans on travel to Arizona. I completely understand this reaction. Your tourism dollars are valuable. It's admirable to use them to speak to people in power.

I'd be inclined to join you if I was certain that I understood the whole story. But I'm sure I don't.

That's why I'm announcing a SPECIAL SHORT FILM PROGRAM and offering FEE WAIVERS for all short films explore immigration / border issues. A broader education on the subject can only help us enact better legislation in the future.

Anyway ...  If you'd like to receive the waiver, simply email a short pitch to meg@flagstafffilmfestival.org. Your film must adhere to the following basic criteria:
  • ANY GENRE, as long as it's a short!
  • Short film, under 50 minutes, ideally 2 - 15 minutes
  • Completed after 1/1/09
  • Ability to submit via WithoutABox


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers