Dustin Grella's PRAYERS FOR PEACE Screens at FFF

Sunday, August 1, 2010
PRAYERS FOR PEACE
The Flagstaff Film Festival is delighted to add the touching animated short PRAYERS FOR PEACE to our roster of high-quality independent films screening this August 9-16 in Flagstaff, Arizona.

PRAYERS FOR PEACE, dir.  Dustin Grella
Artist's Statement: All my previous work has been abstract approaches toward animation. When I started thinking about this project I knew I had a story to tell, and although I'd never attempted a narrative animation before, I wanted to try. The story is simple and true. I was actually walking home and passed by the church I talk about. I thought about the experience on the way home, and then when I got home I wrote about it. I write myself a letter every day. I've done this for about seven years and have over two thousand still sealed envelopes at my parents house in Medina, Ohio. That's where I send them. So when I got home I wrote that letter, but when I wrote it, I knew that this was something more than my simple daily practice. I knew I'd be using it for something more. Seventeen months later I finished the film, Prayers for Peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers